Wednesday 22 October 2014

Some adVICE from me

So, let me tell you this funny story...

On my day off last week, I was doing some woodwork in the garage with Josh. He was helping me potter around and we were having great fun. He asked me to help make something for him and so I needed to drill a hole into a block of wood. I didn't have a vice to hold the wood in place, so I did what any man would do - I improvised. I put the block of wood between my feet and started to drill the hole into the wood. Of course, you can gather what happened next.....

....yes, the drill slipped and I managed to put a hole into the side of my foot. Needless to say there was a lot of blood and I had to rush myself off to the doctor, feeling quite foolish and sore! A few stitches and injections later I returned home and have now vowed to buy a vice!

Here is my reflection on this incident. Sometimes we need someone to hold us tightly and to protect us. A vice does a good job of keeping wood firm and secure, so that you can avoid injuring yourself, while you work on the wood. There are moments in our lives, when we need to rest securely in the loving arms of the Lord, so that he can hold us tightly. His reassuring presence keeps us from all harm and reminds us that he is with us at all times.

Listen to this adVICE....

1 Samuel 25:29 - "Even though someone is pursuing you to take your life, the life of my lord will be bound securely in the bundle of the living by the Lord your God."

Zechariah 10:12 - "I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will live securely,” declares the Lord."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: