Monday 20 October 2014

Just say sorry!

As I have been reflecting on St. Francis' prayer over the last few days, I have come to this line:
"Where there is error, truth."
This prayer challenges us to instruments of truth, but this is a hard task in the midst of world that seeks to hide from the Truth. We don't like to admit that we may be wrong. We find it extremely hard to admit that we have made mistakes.

This leads me to the whole Nkandla issue in South Africa. How hard would it be for the state President, Mr Jacob Zuma, just to say "Sorry!" Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear from his office, how they got it wrong and that they would do all they can to redress the 'error of their ways.' We are not asking our president to be 'perfect', because that would be hypocritical of us, but we are asking that he (and his team) accept responsibly when the truth of their error is exposed!

Before you think that I am taking sides in this heated debate, let me add that my critique goes further than just our president. It goes to all political parties, all in leadership, all officials in governance, and in fact to all pastors and preachers of the Gospel too.

So, this leads me to the hard question for you and I - How quick are you to say that you are sorry? When you have messed up and you have been 'caught out' do you apologise and then try and make amends OR do you try and blame everyone else?

....just asking!?

Ecclesiastes 10:5 - "There is an evil I have seen under the sun, the sort of error that arises from a ruler."

Mark 12:24 -  "Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?"

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: