Monday 29 September 2014

What's in your fridge?

Have you ever caught yourself (or another family member) standing with the fridge door open, peering inside? When you ask them "what are you looking for", they don't have a reasonable answer. Their answer is something like:

"Mmmmh, I just don't know! I am hungry, but I don't know what I am hungry for!"

There are many of us who are standing at the "fridge door" of our spiritual lives, sensing that we are hungry for something, but we just don't have a clue what will satisfy our hunger. I would like to suggest that we are not really looking for 'something' to satisfy our hunger, but that we are rather looking for 'someone.'

In my opinion that someone is Jesus Christ. You are welcome to disagree with me, but that is my experience. I am not speaking about finding the answer in 'religion', because that too is empty and hollow. I am talking about putting my trust in the person of Jesus Christ. In committing to a personal relationship with the Living God.



Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.” (John 4:13-15)

Don't spend too long peering into the "fridge" - the answer you are looking for may be staring you right in the face!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: