Monday 8 September 2014

Silence is not an option

There comes a time when we just can't remain silent any longer. This could apply to a whole lot of things in our communities, world and even our churches. I know that Desmond Tutu has many detractors, but the one thing we can never accuse him of is "remaining silent." He has always been outspoken on things that have distrubed his Christian principles. He was once asked if he enjoyed his role as a modern prophet and this was his reply.

"...I do not do it because I like to do it. I do it because I am, what I believe to be the influence of God's hand. I cannot help it when I see injustice. I cannot keep quiet."

If we turn to the Bible, we see that both Job and Esther reached a crossroads in their lives where they also realised they couldn't remain silent.

Job 7:11 - “Therefore I will not keep silent; I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul."

Esther 4:14 - "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

Is God prompting you to speak up on some issue or on behalf of someone in need? Ask for His strength to help you through this challenging time.


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: