Monday 18 August 2014

Brave Faith

"I don't want an easy faith, I want a brave faith.
I want a faith that takes risks, that asks questions, that experiments,
that evolves, that thrives amidst change and obeys amidst doubt.
I want a faith that engages both my heart and my head,
a faith that operates out of love, not fear, 
a faith that leaps when it needs to and crawls when it has to.
I want the kind of faith that moves mountains precisely because it is small:
small enough to need, small enough to grow,
small enough to surrender to a God that is much bigger than it will ever be.
I don't want an easy faith." - Rachel Evans

There are so many things about this prayer that make me want to live a better faith.  How are you feeling about your faith today? Even if you are feeling a little 'weaker' than you want to, why not ask the Spirit to fill you with bravery.

Having a brave faith is not about having all the strength or answers, but rather about trusting that Jesus has already got those areas covered. It is our job to put our hand in his hand and to walk forward, one step at a time.

1 Corinthians 16:13"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong."

Be brave today and may God's Spirit go with you.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: