Tuesday 27 May 2014

Time of testing

When I set an exam paper for my students, it is never my intention to make them fail. I try my best to set a fair paper, that will 'test' what they should know already and to 'examine' how far they have come. I also do all I can to prepare them for the exam, so that they can give their best shot (... if I try and test what they "don't know", then it may just make me look bad in the end:)

So, if God happens to allow me to go through a time of testing, is it because God wants to see me fail or is it that God knows I can come out stronger? I don't believe in a God who sets me up to fail, but I do accept that sometimes I need to go through testing times.

Sadly, many people don't like the times of testing and end up blaming God for their failure - these people often turn their backs on God and walk away from the faith. What is your experience of the spiritual "exam time?"

Luke 8:13 - "Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away."

James 1:3 - "...because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

So, my prayer is that your time of testing would produce "Perseverance" and not "Abandonement."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: