Sunday 25 May 2014

Coming to the end of myself

It is when we come to the end of ourselves that we discover that God is already there. In fact, God has never been absent, it is just that we haven't recognised his presence or we have been distracted from God's "Immanuel" gift (...God with us).

It is when we get to a place like this, that we need to discern God's call for us to go deeper with him and to leave the safety of what we know. When we leave the earthly things behind we venture into the realm of the Spirit - this is where God can reveal to us the intimacy and dependence of our faith. I was reminded of this tonight as we sang these words in our service:

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you may call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour." - Hillsong

So coming to the end of yourself may just be the very place we need to be in order to discover that we are at the starting point with God.

May your faith be made stronger today, as you walk in the presence of the Saviour.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: