Monday 14 April 2014

Going before us

How is Lent going for you? Are you managing to stay committed to the promises you made on Ash Wednesday - are you surviving without those things you decide to give up? Well, I just want to encourage you to stay focused and to hang in there - it is less than a week to Easter Sunday.

In today's reflection Thomas a Kempis shares a lovely passage from Isaiah. I think this is a verse that is worth incorporating into our Easter prayers.

"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." (Isaiah 45:2, 3 NIV)

Easter reminds me that Jesus breaks through the mountain of my sin. Even when sin threatens to keep me captive, God's grace sets me free. God goes before me and makes things easier so that I may enter into relationship with him.

May the God of freedom and grace be near you today.

Living in grace
D3LM3

No comments: