Wednesday 5 March 2014

Lent 1 - Spiritual Comfort

We often use Lent as a time to give up various vices and in the past I have given up things like coffee, chocolate and coke. This year I would like make my priority "taking up" something meaningful, so I have gone back to one of my favourite books 'The Imitation of Christ' (by Thomas a Kempis).

I hope to read a portion of this book every day and then to reflect on it using Scripture where possible. For those of you who are familiar with the book, it is divided into 4 parts - so I will be starting in the 3rd part for my Lenten journey.

"This is what your Beloved is saying: I am your salvation, your peace and your life. Keep beside me and you will find peace. Abandon all the things that pass away, and seek the things that are eternal." - Thomas a Kempis

May we walk closely with Jesus and may we experience His deep peace, despite what may be happening all around us.

Philippians 4:7 - "Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: