Thursday 2 January 2014

Isaiah 63:9

"In all their distress he too was distressed
and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them 
all the days of old." - Isaiah 63:9

There are so many gems in this one verse, but the one I hold onto today, is this line....
"In all their distress he too was distressed."

It reminds me that even when I feel broken and distressed that God is with me - in fact, God also feels distressed! God empathises with us and knows what we are going through. Even though he knows our pain, he is strong enough to carry us through our difficult times. In His love He lifts us up and carries us home.

Thank you Lord, for this great blessing today.
May this verse encourage you greatly today.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

2 comments:

my cat's name said...

This has been true for me this new year! On New Year's Eve I was alone, having decided to take my life. It's been a year of trauma and ended in my so called boy friend cheating on me. The devastation and betrayal left me feeling so very lost and alone. My children are overseas and making their own lives. I have lived with pain for 15 years following a botched back op and have been on pain therapy for 15 years. My knee has now packed up and I am waiting for a knee replacement. I was retrenched in July last year, and financially as a widow I am struggling. etc etc. Anyway, I just didn't have the energy to carry on. Depression was weighing heavily on me, and I didn't have the energy to do my usual crafts, to encourage others, as I usually do. I had decided to take my life, and made certain arrangements in advance. At 9 pm on New Year's Eve, I received an SMS out of the blue from someone who is new in our town and to our church, who suddenly decided it was not the night to be alone, and smsd to ask if I was alone. This person came around and we talked and laughed, watched the fireworks display from my patio, when they had gone, I realised that God had sent an Angel to be with me in my loneliness. Your reading from Isaiah has confirmed that and comforted me. My depression has lifted and I know for sure that God has a Plan for me this year. Thank you Delme! God Bless, lesley

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks for the comments and for openly sharing your story with me Lesley. May you know the comfort and love of Jesus as you venture into 2014. I thank God that you didn't go through with taking your life - you are blessing to your family and community.
Grace
Delme