Tuesday 31 December 2013

Blessings for 2014

As we come to the end of another year, I want to wish you all a blessed 2014. I know that 2013 has had many moments of joy and celebration, but it has also been laced with pain and heartache. It seems to me, that as I get older, that I have become more aware of the bitter-sweet moments of life.

When I was younger, things seemed more simple, trouble free and less painful. As we get older we realise that life is like a bag of mixed sweets - good treats, sour sweets, hard candy, soft sweets and so on. We can't choose our own bag of sweets, but they all contain a mixture of good and bad. What we can choose is how we deal with Life and the issues we face. We can also choose to include God in our lives and trust in His guidance, love and mercy.

As you face another year, may you place your hand into the hand of Jesus. Walk into the unknown with a God who will shine His light on our path. God takes no delight in seeing us stumble and so he urges us to listen to his voice - God will navigate our way through whatever Life throws at us.

I also want to thank you for your support and encouragement in reading these 'Living in Grace' posts. I pray that they continue to inspire you in your faith.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

God bless you
D3LM3

No comments: