Monday 4 November 2013

Real prayer

"Countless people have such a 'stained glass' image of prayer that they fail to recognise what they are experiencing as prayer and so condemn themselves for not praying." - Richard Foster

I really appreciate this understanding of prayer. I helps me to feel released from the 'religiosity' of my prayers and to comprehend that God is with me in all things. As a Christ-follower, I place my life in the hands of Jesus and so with this decision comes a deep trust that all of my experiences are noticed by my Saviour. In His grace, God receives my life as a form of prayer.

Of course, this is not an excuse to move away from formal, disciplined prayer, which is also commended in the Scriptures, but it does remind us that God sees and hears all things. It is my desire to offer more of my experiences to God - to be aware of his presence in my daily routine.

So think on this -
Perhaps you have prayed today without being aware that you offered a form of prayer!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: