Tuesday 12 November 2013

Dumb-founded!

Let me tell you a true story. This really happened to me and I still find myself shaking my head in disbelief.

The other day, I went to visit the now 'newish' Library in the centre of PMB. I have to confess that I had never been to see the Library, so I went, half out of interest, and half out of needing to do some work.

As I sat working on my laptop I realised that I needed to plug in before the battery ran dead. So, after spotting 5 empty cubicles on the bottom floor, I politely asked one of the Librarians if I could use one of the plug points. She looked at me as if I had just asked her for a million bucks or else it may have been that she swallowed something very sour! Anyway, this is what she told me,

"No we can't allow you to plug your computer in - if we do then the municipality will have to pay a huge electricity bill every month." (By this she implied that every person in PMB would want to follow suit...)

I tried hard to act like a good Christian, but my mind was swimming as I walked away. I thought of the students who may want to study there, but could only do so if they used pen and paper, or had a mega long battery life on their laptops. As I walked out, I noticed dozens of PC's, with empty chairs staring at them - what about all that wasted electricity?! But, hey what do I know!

So, needless to say, I nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning, when I read about the municipality wanting to put a 1200% electricity price hike on small businesses. The cheek of it! The municipality won't give it's citizens access to a plug-point (for 15 minutes), because it is going to cost them too much money, but hey they feel quite comfortable ripping honest citizens off .... to the tune of 1200%!!!!

Something is rotten in Denmark and I think that it is really starting to stink!

That's my rant for the month. I would be interested to hear your thoughts. Maybe I am just having a bad hair-day, but feel free to comment.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: