Wednesday 10 July 2013

Speed up, there is a Zebra crossing ahead!

As I was driving home this evening, I drove passed the Liberty Mall and noticed a scary thing. It seemed that as all of the motorists in front of me, saw the Zebra crossing (with the patient guy standing at the side of road), they simply sped up. The poor guy was about to step in the road, but he realised that he would have been toast, so thankfully stepped back onto the pavement.

So, as I got to the crossing and slowed down for him to cross, he looked at me as if I had just saved his life - yet, all I had done was obey the traffic law. Wow, we are so bad at obeying these laws in South Africa!

I share this with you, not because I am a good person, but rather to remind us that sometimes God asks me to slow down, but I 'speed up' instead. Speeding up, when I should be slowing down, is not only dangerous for me, but it could harm others too.

Are you approaching a Zebra crossing in your life?
If you are, then be aware of your speed.

God bless you.

Living in grace
D3LM3

No comments: