Saturday 1 June 2013

Don't run in vain


"I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain." - Galatians 2:2

My heart always goes out to those Comrades runners who are close to the finish line, but fail to make the cut off. It seems like a cruel twist of fate. They spend so many hours training and the whole day on the road, but in the end they are just short. (I suppose they have some consolation in competing and actually crossing the line albeit with no medal)

When it comes to the race of life and faith, we need to make sure that we don't run in vain. What good is it for us to get to the end of our lives and to have failed to 'make it?' For me, choosing Jesus is the first step in any race of faith. He is our starting point and he becomes our goal and reward.

As you run the race of life, have you made your choice?
Let's not run in vain.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: