Friday 15 March 2013

Searching for Sugarman - Lent 25


If you are a music lover, do yourself a favour and watch the documentary "Searching for Sugarman."
I think it is an incredible story, perhaps made all the better by the listening to the songs of my youth. There are a lot of remarkable things about the life-story of Sixto Rodriguez, but the baffling one is how a musician could be so popular in a foreign country (South Africa), and yet be unheard of in his home (America). If you like, Rodriguez became a forgotten musician in his own country.

I would like to make a link between his story and the Psalm for today (Psalm 25). David calls out to God in way that 'feels' as if God has forgotten him. Even in his prayers he asks God to 'remember him' (v.7). However, as we know, God has not forgotten him and nor will God forget us.

God always remembers his children!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

Psalm 25: 21 - "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."

No comments: