Friday 1 March 2013

One tough Question! - Lent 15


In the space of 5 verses, the Psalmist (David) challenges me to the core of my being. My whole spiritual life and conduct is impacted by David's answer to the tough question he poses in the beginning of Psalm 15.

This is the question: “Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?” – Psalm 15:1

His answer then precedes to list a number of qualities that God requires of us - these qualities are the one's required in order that we would be allowed to dwell in God's sanctuary.


·         Be blameless

·         Do what is righteous

·         Speak the truth

·         Don’t slander

·         Love your neighbour

·         Don’t lie

·         Turn from the vile

·         Honour those who fear God

·         Keep your promises (even when it hurts)

·         Lend money graciously

·         Don’t accept bribes

And if we get this small list right, then we will never be shaken! (15:5)

Wow! What troubles me is that I can’t put a big tick next to each one of these, all the time, so does this mean I can’t be in God’s presence? Well, if I don’t know Jesus, then the answer is ‘Yes’! I am not worthy to be in the presence of God. However, through the love and work of Jesus we gain access to the ‘holy of holies’ – It is his life that grants me access to the sanctuary of God.

Reflection: I am granted access into the presence of God by Jesus, not my good works. However, when I stand in the presence of Almighty God I should want to live out these qualities that David mentions in Psalm 15.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The USDΑ and other fooԁ sаfety experts reсοmmend
leаving pіzza out at room temperature foг nо more than two hourѕ.
Cut pig-in-blankеtfree from strip and make 19
more pigs-іn-blankets in samе mannеr, aгrangіngthem,
seam sides down, as theу are made on prеpaгed baking sheet.

I tried dozens of different reсіpeѕ for pizza crust, аnԁ nonе of
them were satisfaсtory.

Μy blog pizza pan ashtabula

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website
yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers

my website: Ros25e4yfo.wiki.zoho.com