Sunday 24 March 2013

I'll take that - Lent 30


"I'd take that!"
I found myself saying these words when I read through Psalm 30 this evening, especially verse 5.

"For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favour lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning."


If you gave me the option of a moment of righteous anger, followed by a lifetime of Godly favour - I'd take that! The more I get to know the heart of God, the more I reflect on how anger is not God's natural desire. Sure, God can get very angry and often he has cause to be frustrated and agro with us, yet this is not what God wants us to remember of Him. God wants us to remember that this anger passes and it is always followed by moments of glorious favour and blessing.

As we contemplate the Cross this Holy Week, remember that is was a mixture of anger (at sin) and Divine Love that allowed God to send Jesus into the world. His anger needed to be revealed in order that his favour would be given.

Prayer:
Thank you Lord, that although we may weep in the evening, there will be rejoicing in the morning. Your promise is always to turn the tables! Pain replaced by joy. Sin replaced by Love. Conflict replaced with Peace. Amen.

Living in Grace
D3LM3




No comments: