Tuesday 23 October 2012

David and Lance Armstrong

Here is a deep question for you?

Are someones words declared null and void after they have been caught out by their sin?

Think first of King David: He said these words a long time before he committed adultery with Bathsheba:
"How great are you, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you - there is no other God." (2 Samuel 7:22) These words remain true to me, even though David's life erupted like a volcano!

Now think about Lance Armstrong. He said these words, long before he was found out for cheating:

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”

For me, these words still speak some kind of truth, despite Lance's character being exposed for what it is.

Here is my dilemma - Is "truth" able to withstand the character of our humanity?

I believe it is able too, but would love to know your thoughts.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: