Thursday 13 September 2012

One minute can make a difference

On Monday evening I flew back from a Mission trip in Johannesburg. However, I was delayed between check in and boarding (for a few reasons) and got to the boarding gate a minute late. The doors had just closed and I wasn't allowed on. I was gutted! All I wanted to do was to get home, but my plans were dealt a huge blow. Partly frustrated with the airport and partly angry with my bad planning, I had to make a new plan. Eventually, I boarded a later flight and got home, many hours later than I should have.

Here is one thing I learnt about this 'travel' experience:

Sometimes we make bad choices that derail us from God's intented course for our lives. We can blame other people or circumstances, but at the end of the day, we have to accept some responsibility. God's plan for our lives is a good one (like coming home to the family), but we may not get there, if we insist on doing things our way. God's grace always gives me a chance to get back on course, but I may have to accept that some things may be lost (precious time) along the way. In the end, coming home is all that matters and I need to make a desperate plan to arrange this.

God has already given us his plan - His name is Jesus. Isn't it time to trust Him for your future journey?
I am just asking!!!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard when the bad choice has a long-lasting effect. Then you need to pray for God's forgiveness, grace and peace. My hope is in Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"
I pray I don't have to wait too long for his grace!