Sunday 29 July 2012

Lord's Prayer with a difference


The Lord's Prayer with a difference (author unknown)

I cannot say "OUR" if I have no room in my life for others and their needs.
I cannot say"FATHER" if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily living.
I cannot say"WHO ART IN HEAVEN" if all my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.
I cannot say"HALLOWED BE THY NAME" if I, who am called to bear His name, am not holy.
I cannot say"THY KINGDOM COME" if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.
I cannot say"THY WILL BE DONE" if I am unwilling or resentful of having God's will in my life.
I cannot say "ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN" unless I am truly ready to give myself to His service here and now.
I cannot say "GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD" without expending honest effort for it, or by ignoring the genuine needs of others.
I cannot say "FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US" if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.
I cannot say"LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION" if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.
I cannot say"DELIVER US FROM EVIL" if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the ultimate weapon of prayer.
I cannot say"THINE IS THE KINGDOM" if I do not give the kind of disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
I cannot say"THINE IS THE POWER" if I fear what my neighbours may say or do.
I cannot say"FOREVER" if I am too anxious about each day's events.
I cannot say"AMEN" unless I can honestly say, "cost what it may, this is my prayer."

Have a wonderful day - be blessed.
 
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: