Thursday 17 November 2011

What is friendship?


Leading on from my previous post, I have a question for us to think about:
What would your definition of friendship be?

Reading in John 1, I encountered the following description of Jesus' mission - he came into the world "full of grace and truth." Jesus came to earth full of grace and truth - it was these 2 qualities that revolutionised our world.

I want my friendships to be laced with these 2 qualities - GRACE and TRUTH. Grace to deal with my inadequacies and imperfections, but Truth to speak into my life and to hold me accountable to my callings to be a husband, father, child, brother, friend, pastor and leader.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."  - Albert Camus

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: