Wednesday 10 August 2011

Serenity Prayer


In preparing for a memorial service today I came across the well known 'Serenity Prayer.' I think these words are incredible and they apply to our lives in all kinds of ways. Read this prayer, pause for a moment and then pray it our aloud. May it bless you abundantly.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that he will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
that I may be reasonably happy
in this life and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next. Amen."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: