Tuesday 21 June 2011

God Willing


I was walking down a little street near my sister's home, when I saw a Church with an interesting sign board. It had all the usual things on it, except when it came to service times, it said: "God Willling!" I had a quiet chuckle to myself. What does that mean? They only have services when God wants, or when the Preacher wants or depending if they haven't been raptured or what? I guess for the local members they know what this means, but if I wanted to visit, how would I know when the service times were?

Don't get me wrong, I think that the sentiment "God Willing" is a good one. On some levels it shows a sign of surrender and humility. It indicates a heart that is willing to allow God to direct and lead. It rests in the peace that God will be with us in the future, no matter what! But, I just don't get a sign board that reads 'God Willing' when it comes to service times! Perhaps it's just me. What do you think?

May God be with you today.
I will write again soon.... God Willing!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Phil Davies said...

Hi Delme
Thanks for keeping up the (nearly) daily blogs and for sharing some of your holiday experiences.

I agree that service times need a little more commitment! Even if the times are given, followed by "God willing" if you did not want to be too presumptuous.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Phil, hope you and the family are keeping well.
Take care
Delme