Thursday 28 April 2011

Royal Wedding



Apparently over 2 billion people will be watching the Royal Wedding on the 29th April. I have to admit I probably won't be glued to the T.V. watching, but I am intrigued by the whole event. It fascinates me that almost one third of the global population will be taken up by this wedding. I pray that Christ gets a real mention in the midst of the fanfare and ceremony.

Out of interest, the Scriptures speak of Royal Weddings taking place thousands of years ago.

Isaiah 61:10 -I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Isaiah 62:5 - As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

Let's not forget the the greatest 'Royal Wedding' is still to happen. When God (the Bridegroom)announces the special day, the Church (the Bride) will be celebrating the best wedding of all time. The whole world will watch this event with awe.

Revelation 19:7 - Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: