Thursday 21 October 2010

God speaks in strange ways


Has this ever happened to you? You are speaking with someone and they say something random to you, but it happens to be exactly what you need to hear?

This happened to me today. I had just come out of a difficult meeting and I was feeling down. I popped down to the shops to get something and as I was leaving I started talking to the car guard about a variety of things (we happened to be speaking about the colour of cars etc.) when in the middle of a sentence he said these words to me:
"Just play it cool and everything will work out!"
Time stopped! A zillion things were racing through my mind, but the clearest thought was "The Holy Spirit has literally just spoken through his guy and I bet he doesn't even know it!" I was gobsmacked. This sentence had nothing to do with cars or even the colour of cars and yet it was exactly what I needed to hear. God is amazing!

John 3:34 - For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

May the Holy Spirit speak to you today.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: