Sunday 1 August 2010

Do you like Mondays?


I was 7 years old when the Boomtown Rats released their hit song 'I don't like Mondays!' (Some of you have just started singing the song in your minds, I bet you!)

I love this song - it has such a catchy tune! However, I only recently found out the true story behind the song. A teenage girl woke up one Monday morning and decided to go to school and open fire on her teachers and class mates. When she was arrested, she simple said:
"I just started shooting, that's it. I just did it for the fun of it. I just don't like Mondays. I just did it because it's a way to cheer the day up. Nobody likes Mondays."

That is hectic! Who does something like that? There are many people who don't like Mondays, but very few who would do something this crazy.

As you start the week, may you surrender your fears and dreams, stress and challenges to Jesus. May He carry us through all that we will face in the coming days.

Nehemiah 8:10 - "This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Live in His grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

belle said...

yeah i like it