Friday 9 July 2010

Cold Patch


This morning I went running, trying to get my pathetically 'unfit' body back into shape. My route took me through a little 'dip' in Golf road. As I entered the dip I immediately noticed the huge drop in temperature, which is mainly due to the river that flows through the valley. My only thought was 'keeping running because it's warmer on the other side.'

Sometimes we go through 'cold patches' in our lives. It may be in our relationship with God or perhaps with others. Can I encourage NOT to stop running, but rather to keep going. I promise you that 'it's warmer on the other side!' God will be with us in the 'cold valley' and He will lead us into a better place. Trust Him and keep running.

Proverbs 4:25 - "Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you."

Philippians 3:13-14 - "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

Photo from here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Mark.
Hope you are well.
Take care now
Delme