Monday 31 May 2010

30 years


We celebrated the 30th birthday of our Church yesterday and although we are 'young' in comparison with the 2000 year old Church, it was still a special occasion for us. What is more significant for me, is the people that made this original "church plant" a possibility. Although many of them are obviously 30 years older, many of them are still committed in their faith. That is the best testimony of them all. Generally buildings will last longer than humans, but when people are still passionate about Jesus, many years later, that says a lot to me.

It gets me thinking about the significant people in my spiritual walk. There have been a number of men and women who have shaped my journey with Jesus and have encouraged me to "keep the faith." I will be eternally grateful for their wisdom, guidance, love and prayers.

I am interested to know who has shaped your Christian journey - has there been a significant person who has been crucial in encouraging you to get to where you are today? If there has, please let me know.

Psalm 107:1 - "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Thanks again for your willingness to receive these posts and to interact with them. You are all continuing to shape and mould my Christian journey. May you be blessed today!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

Well done on 30 years. Were you there at the beginning?