Tuesday 27 April 2010

Happy Camper


As a family we managed to spend a few nights camping over the long weekend. It was great! However, the camping didn't start off so well, when on the first night our inconsiderate 'neighbours' decided to party until 4am. I can tell you that was NOT a 'Happy Camper!' After my initial complaint (just after midnight) our camping neighbours decided to roar into life and eventually when some other campers got involved the drunken party came to an end.

Needless to say I was tired and grumpy the next morning at 6 when my kids woke up! One of my boys thought we should execute a little revenge and offered to go and bang pots and pans outside their tents - I was extremely tempted and after entertaining the thought for a few seconds I took the 'ministerial' option and tried to teach the kids about forgiveness (I am not sure if I was convincing ... I sure hope so!)

Anyway, in the end, it turned out that the forgiveness route was best, because two of the 'drunken' group walked around the entire campsite apologising for the behaviour of their camping 'party' and promised it wouldn't happen again - which it didn't.

I wiped the sweat from my brow and said to the boys, "You see, forgiveness works sometimes!"

I realised that forgiveness is definitely a choice and one doesn't have to feel super-spiritual when choosing to forgive. The choirs of singing angels doesn't happen like the movies portray, but one does feel good when forgiveness wins out.

Psalm 130:4 - "But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared."

Thank you Lord for forgiving my sins.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: