Thursday 18 March 2010

Would I have done that?


"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich." - 2 Corinthians 8:9

I have this awesome book called 'Contemplating the Cross' (by Tricia McCary Rhodes) which I have been reading as a preparation for Easter (when I get a chance). I came across this quote today:

"You will understand that spitting scene (that night) when God lets you see your own heart." - Alexander Whyte

That is a powerful quote!
Is there a part of me that understands my dark-side and sin or do I just pretend that it doesn't exist? Would I have spat at Jesus if I were a Roman soldier? I honestly don't know - but what I do know, is that I reject his motions of grace when I need them the most!

What about you?

Trying to live in Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.