Thursday 11 February 2010

Practising the Presence of God



Firstly, I want to thank you for your interaction with this blog. It is great to hear some of your thoughts. I would love to hear from more of you though:) If you want to comment on any post, please send it to my email address (delmelinscott@hotmail.com) or on the blog itself. Thanks again!

Brother Lawrence wrote the inspiring book 'Practising the Presence of God.' After experiencing a lot of frustration in his faith, he decided that he would seek God in the "common business" of life. No matter how mundane or ordinary these things were, he felt that God's love could be found in them.

He wrote - "Nor is it needful that we should have great things to do. . . We can do little things for God; I turn the cake that is frying on the pan for love of him, and that done, if there is nothing else to call me, I prostrate myself in worship before him, who has given me grace to work; afterwards I rise happier than a king. It is enough for me to pick up but a straw from the ground for the love of God."

I find this inspiring and helpful. How do you feel?

Perhaps part of his motivation came from this verse:

Colossians 3:23 - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Living in Grace.
D3LM3

2 comments:

N Schonken said...

As an attitude, yes, in practice, this may prove difficult!

Delme Linscott said...

Very True. Practice is always more tricky than theory.
Blessings
Delme