Sunday 10 January 2010

The point of no return


When Julius Caesar crossed over the Rubicon on the 10th January 49 BC, he made a conscious decision to pass the 'point of no return.' His action systematically declared war on Rome and history was changed forever.

The same thing happened to the Israelites when they crossed over the Jordan river (Joshua 3) - life would never be the same again for them.

I am sure that both Caesar and Joshua had moments of doubt, fear and uncertainty, yet they still crossed over the rivers. As we gaze out into 2010, we will all come to places of decision. We will have to decide to go over or to remain on the shore of safety.

What will it take for us to venture into the river? A promise, a threat, a command. How about this...

"Be strong and courageous..." - Joshua 1:6

"I claim no right to myself - I have given myself clear away and retained nothing as my own." - Jonathan Edwards

I am crossing the river. Come and join me!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. Photo from www.engagingconflicts.com

No comments: