Tuesday 8 December 2009

Turkish Delight


I am going through a weird phase at the moment - I have a craving to make 'food!' Now, let me point out that I have never had a problem with eating food, but suddenly I have this desire to make my own stuff.

So, yesterday I looked for the easiest thing I could make, without burning the house down and it was Turkish Delight. To be honest, it came out alright - not bad for my first attempt, but safe to say that I won't be opening up my own confectionery soon.

While, we are speaking about food, what is your favourite sweet? If you didn't know, mine is Chocolate - any kind and flavour, as long as the wrapper says C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E, I am happy.

In Biblical times there were not many sweets, but honey sufficed for those who had a 'sweet tooth.' Honey was often used to describe how people could sweeten up their lives.

Proverbs 16:24 - "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

May you speak 'sweet' words to people you meet today.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: