Monday 28 December 2009

Shopping Blues


Admit it, this has happened to you!
You buy all that you planned to buy from the grocery store and when you get home and unpack everything, something is missing. The thing is - you know that you paid for it, but it is not in your shopping bags. There are two potential reasons for this:

1. We forgot to put it into the bag and we are the fools.
2. The shopping assistant thought that you wouldn't "mind" missing one of your many purchases and bargained on you not returning to look for it.

To be honest, the few times it has happened to me, I have banked on option one - it is quite possible that I forgot to put it into the packet. I am then left feeling frustrated!

However, it happened a few days ago and I am convinced that there was something 'strange' about the whole thing. In the end, it was too much of a schlep to go back and get that ONE item again, but I was feeling livid. I smelt a conspiracy!

Here's my theory:
If every 'packer' is encouraged to hold back one item per customer (especially when we buy 40+ items) then the store can save themselves a lot of money when you add these all up. Most people figure it is too much effort to go back and find their purchase and if we did go back it probably won't be there. Besides, how can I prove that the slab of chocolate, I brought 30 minutes ago from your store, is not sitting in my stomach now - sure, I have the till slip, but that proves nothing!

What do you think of my theory or has the festive season got to my brain?

"Rich and poor have this in common:
The Lord is the Maker of them all."
- Proverbs 22:2

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: