Thursday 3 December 2009

Celebrations


This week is a great week in my family. Kim celebrates her birthday today (3rd) and I have mine tomorrow!:) Declan also has his birthday on the 14th!

There are many cultures and religious groups that don't celebrate birthdays and whilst I want to understand their reasons, I feel sad in a way :(
I guess, the main reason why I feel sad is because birthdays have always been such a blessing in my family and I would love other people to share in the joy that we get to experience.

Birthday's are a time of giving thanks for the special people in our lives!
Birthday's remind us that God gave us life!
Birthday's bring families together to celebrate!
Birthday's are a good reason to eat lots of Chocolate Cake....mmmh!


To those of you who are celebrating birthday's soon, may God Bless you. To those whose birthday's are in 2010, let me be the first to wish you every blessing. To all of us, receive this blessing today...

"May the LORD bless you, and keep you;
May the LORD make His countenance shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
May the LORD turn His countenance to you and grant you peace."
- Numbers 6:24-26

Lastly, a question for you all - do you know of other couples who share a birthday or whose birthdays are a day apart? I'd love to know - thanks!

Living by the Grace of God,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear D&K

We wish both of you a blessed birthday and pray that God will continue to hold you guys firmly in His hands.
Thanks for all you mean to us and everything you do for Wesley.

Blessings
M, R, K & S

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks for the lovely wishes Mark.
Strength to you too!
D.