Monday 2 November 2009

The Struggle


So you and I thought that being a believer was going to be easy, didn't we? That's what we were led to believe - give your life to Jesus and all will be well. Mmmh, I think we were sold a dummy. This commitment to Christ, that we have willingly chosen, is a daily choice. It is a conscious laying down of our own 'ways' and surrendering to the perfect 'WAY' - Jesus.

C.S.Lewis knew that being a Christian was not a 'piece of cake.' Read these interesting thoughts...

"I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity."

Psalm 142:3 - When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way

May you have the Grace of God to guide you today,
D3LM3

No comments: