Thursday 26 November 2009

Practise what you Preach!


I preached on "3 simple words" last Sunday morning and I used 1 John 3:11-24 as the main focus. Reflecting on these verses I highlighted 6 examples of "3 simple words" that challenge us in our Christian journey. Here they are:

"Love one another" - v.11
"Death to Life" - v.14
"God is Greater" - v.20
"He knows everything" - v.20
"Confidence before God" - v.21
"Live in Him" - v.24


Here's the thing - I have had to deal with every single one of these 6 'phrases' in the past 5 days. It is one thing to preach about a good idea, it's another thing to LIVE out what we believe in.

So, my challenge has been - "Practise, what you Preach!"
What about you? Do you "practise what you preach" and how easy is it for you?
In my experience, it is harder to "Live out" than to "Speak out!"

Live it out,
D3LM3

No comments: