Saturday 7 November 2009

Hate Blogger vs. Julius Malema


So the writer of the notorious blog 'South Africa Sucks' has been arrested - I read the article in 'The Witness' newspaper today. One of the reasons given for his arrest was that with 2010 just around the corner, it is bad publicity to have a person rambling on about how bad our country is...

Now, don't get me wrong, I can't agree with all that this blogger says - some of the things are totally way out and against my own beliefs. However, I wanted to suggest that his arrest is quite ironic, especially in light of the fact, that today Julius Malema's friends have justified that Julius needs bodyguards to the tune of R300 000 per month. If there ever was a person who needed to be gagged, it is Julius Malema. His comments, on everything to do with South Africa, are ludicrous and controversial - I wonder what a good ambassador he is being for the 2010 World Cup? His comments probably reach more foreign people than the 'South Africa Sucks' blogger.

So, in the end you have one guy who airs his opinions and is arrested - leaving his wife and daughters to fight for his rights. On the other hand we have another man who can sprout forth whatever he likes and he gets protection to do it! Mmmmh, that hardly seems fair to me. Anyway, these are just my thoughts!

By the way, the Bible has something interesting to say, about why and what we say...

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." - Luke 6:45

Living in Grace
D3LM3

2 comments:

Cycling Calves said...

It's really sad hey Delme. If you were up for president or youth league, I'd vote for you.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks dude, but I won't be in the running for any of those positions!!!
Take care,
Delme