Saturday 31 October 2009

Why I don't celebrate Halloween!


Just for the record - I don't celebrate Halloween because of this main reason:

It may have started as a festival with good intentions, but it has now turned very 'dark' for my taste. I feel that there is enough 'evil' stuff in our world, why would I want to align myself with any more?

You are entitled to disagree with me, but that's my simple take on Halloween. For a festival that began well as a 'Hallowed Evening' before All Saints Day (1st November) - it has now moved far from these original roots. We now have ghosts, vampires, spells, haunted houses and a whole lot of 'trick or treating' - and not to mention the pumpkins. I struggle to get excited about any of this...but hey, that's just me.

If I am going to celebrate anything 'Hallowed', it will only be God.

"Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name..."


Grace and peace to you,
D3LM3

P.S. For a really good summary and unbiased understanding of Halloween, go to wikipedia. Here is the link...
Wikipedia - Halloween

2 comments:

Tyron Bache said...

1st... trick or treat Delme?

Unknown said...

Treat Ty...
maybe a free coffee!
D.