Friday 16 October 2009

Let me pay for that!


Yesterday I flew up to Jo'Burg from Durban. A friend of the family kindly dropped me off at the airport and as we got closer to the drop-off zone, I did the right thing - I asked if I could pay towards the petrol costs. He declined, but at least I felt good that I had offered. I have been raised to 'pay my way' where possible and to contribute my share.

When it comes to Grace, many of us think that God operates in the same way. God offers us His Grace, through His son Jesus Christ and most of us believe that we should pay our way too - or at least that we should contribute towards this gift. The truth is, we could never 'pay' enough. The Sacrifice was total and it all depended on Jesus - nothing depends on us.

"For is it by Grace that you have been saved - through faith. And this is a gift from God, so that no one can boast..." - Ephesians 2:8-9

So as I got out of the car and walked to the check-in, I reflected on how grateful I was to get a lift to the airport. This morning, I reflect on how grateful I am for God's GRACE.

Grateful for Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: