Friday 4 September 2009

Effective Prayers?


I am not sure if you have ever felt that your prayers were just 'bouncing' off the ceilings of heaven? Or if you have made the space and time to pray and then nothing has come out of your mouth? It happens to me sometimes. It is happening now!

However, I am learning that God is deeply aware of all of our emotions and thoughts. Our 'failure' in prayer is not actually failure. In fact, it is often when we have rated our prayers as 'unsuccessful' that God has truly heard us. C.S. Lewis agrees:

"I have a notion that what seem our worst prayers may really be, in God's eyes, our best. Those, I mean, which are least supported by devotional feeling and contend with the greatest disinclination. For these, perhaps, being nearly all will, come from a deeper level than feeling."

"To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.
Hear my cry for mercy, as I call to you for help."
- Psalm 28:1-2

Grace perseveres
D3LM3

No comments: