Tuesday 21 July 2009

Sowing wisely...


'We reap what we sow!'
This concept is not new to any of us - in fact, it is so common in our modern language that even non-Christians use this Biblical truth as if they had just read it from Scripture.

It appears in numerous places in Scripture - Job 4:8, Proverbs 11:18, 22:8, Galatians 6:7, however, I like the version from 2 Corinthians 9:6 - "Whoever sows sparingly will reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will reap generously."

We often use this verse to speak about 'giving or tithing', but for me there is a profound challenge to every aspect of my life. If I choose to sow 'sparingly' in my relationships with Kim and the boys, then I can't expect to reap a awesome relationship with them. If I sow sparingly in my devotional life, then I can't expect to be on 'fire' with the Lord and to hear His voice clearly. If I am stingy in sowing into my friendships, then I can't expect others to know how I am doing. If I sow 'lack of exercise' into my life, then I can't expect the doctor to give me a clean bill of health (oops) and if I sow little time into sermon prep, how can I expect to preach a good sermon?!

I can't grow an Apple tree if I plant pumkin seeds! We choose what we Sow & consequently we choose what we Reap!

Sow with Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: