Tuesday 28 July 2009

Psalm 16:8


I pray that you will be encouraged by the following verse...
"I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
- Psalm 16:8

At first glance I thought the Psalmist was getting his 'word-pictures' a little mixed up. He initially says that he wants to 'set the Lord before him' and then he says that 'God is at his right hand.'

My logic initially resisted the notion that someone can be 'in front of us' and at the same time 'next to us.' However, this is God we are speaking about, so I will keep my illogical thoughts to myself from now on.

My prayer is that I would be able to keep focused on Jesus, in all that I do, but to also remember that He walks alongside me 'at my right hand.' Because of this - 'I will not be shaken!'

May you be blessed by His grace today.
D3LM3

No comments: