Tuesday 30 June 2009

Friendship


I have just come back from a wonderful weekend in Bryanston. I went up with some good friends to lead a workshop on my book and then to preach on the Sunday. There were so many great moments in the weekend for me (including watching the Rugby and the Soccer), but the overriding one revolved around 'friendship.'

It was so good to see some old friends again and to renew the bonds that were formed many years ago. I always feel that one of the tests of a good friendship is when you meet up again, years later - if the connection is still there, then one knows that that particular friendship has 'lasted the test of time.' That is how I felt this time - it was actually quite emotional to see how God has continued to work in the lives of these wonderful people and that many of them have truly grown in their Faith.

So, to all of my 'old' friends, from all over the world - blessings to you all. Memories will be cherished forever. I look forward to monitoring how Jesus leads you onto awesome things.

To all of my friends that I see more regularly, I pray that we will not take these moments for granted. Thank you all for your friendship. You help shape me into the person God wants me to be.

Proverbs 27:10 - "Do not forsake your friend ..."

Walking the path of Grace with you,
D3LM3

No comments: